Centre for Cognitive Science, IIT Gandhinagar is pleased to announce 3rd International Conference on Cognition, Brain and Computation during December 5-7, 2015. The conference, as the theme suggests, aims to bring forward the interdisciplinary dialogue between neuroscience and computational approaches in study of Cognition. Through this conference, we hope to generate passionate discussions and collaborations around the conference theme that cuts across disciplines and methodologies.
Hotline Numbers : Haby (+91 7069644753) Dinesh (+91 9925785174)
Poster Session details : 5th December (# 1 to 35), 6th December (# 36 to 70), 7th December (# above 70)
Gandhinagar city is situated about 30 Kms from Ahmedabad and is divided into several sectors. IIT Gandhinagar is situated on the other side of sabarmati river and not in the Gandhinagr sectors. From Koba circle take the toad that approaches Gandhinagar. Koba circle can be identified by orange colored GIFT. Keep going straight until you see the Raksha Shakti Circle or swagat circle. Take a right towards GIFT city (Gujarat Info and Fin Tech ). Go straight and cross the sabarmati river bridge. The GIFT city is on your right, Take a Left instead to reach IIT GN Palaj Campus. This road is under construction.
Instead of above, You can reach chandkheda campus and take a shuttle service to Palaj campus.
9:45 -10:30, Anirban Dutta INRIA, France, Plenary Talk, Stroke rehabilitation under an adaptive multi level electrotherapy.
10:30- 11:05, Bhismadev Chakrabarti, University Of Reading, Like’ me: the role of imitation and reward in understanding social cognition and autism
11:05-11:25, Uttama Lahiri, IIT Gandhinagar, Smart Eye: A novel eye tracking system for quantitative assessment of oculomotor abnormalities
11:25 – 11:40 Tea Break
11:40- 12:15, Gayathri Swahar, Nielsen Neuro India, Bridging the articulation, knowledge and say-do gap – consumer neuroscience application
12:15 -12:50, Raj Srinivasan, IIT Gandhinagar, Cognitive Engineering: Eliciting the Building Blocks of Human Error during Decision Making
12:50 – 13:25, Gyana Parija, IBM Research, Industry connect session
13:25 – 14:15 Lunch
13:25 – 15:15 Poster Session 3, Poster # above 70
15:15- 16:00 Tsutomu Fujinami, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Plenary Talk, The role of body in the organization of skilled movements
16:00 – 16:35, Raju S. Bapi, International Institute of Information Technology, Can a single neural mechanism account for subitization and estimation ranges of numerosity?
16:35 – 17:20, Mehdi Khamassi, Institute of Intelligent Systems And Robotics, CNRS, Plenary Talk, Dual-system reinforcement learning and dopamineindependent pavlovian goal-tracking behaviors
Registrations for Eye tracking workshop on 4th December open to faculty and industry professionals only. Registration Fees is the same as conference registration Fee.
There will be demo sessions of Eye Tracking and EEG open to all during conference dates 5th to 7th.
Download Abstracts of Accepted Papers.
All contributed presentations will be of Poster format with A1 size (approx 2 feet wide X 3 feet high) in Portrait format.
- Registration Fees: Students: Rs. 4000,
- Postdocs, Faculty, Professionals: Rs. 5000
- International Delegates: $100
- Britt Anderson | University of Waterloo, Canada
- Gualtiero Piccinini | University of Missouri – St. Louis, USA
- Georgios Christopoulos | Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Mehdi Khamassi | Institute of Intelligent Systems and Robotics, CNRS, France
- Anjan Chatterjee | University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Tsutomu Fujinami | Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Nitish Thakor | Singapore Institute of Neurotechnology
- Bhismadev Chakrabarti | University of Reading, UK
- Anirban Dutta | INRIA, France
- Raju S. Bapi
- V. S. Chakravarthy
- Aditya Murthy
- S. P. Arun
- Nandini Singh
- Narayanan Srinivasan
- Gayathri Swahar | Director, Nielsen Neuro India
- Chandrasekhar Pammi
- Supriya Ray
- Kamal Chaudhary
- Arpan Banerjee
Abstract Submission is CLOSED
The conference organizers will provide in-campus accommodation to all registerred participants (at nominal cost).
Industry Connect and Sponsorship Opportunities
We invite greater participation of Industry partners for sponsorship and for scientific sessions. Please contact via the conference e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The conference will be held at the newly constructed permanent campus of IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. The campus is located by side of Sabarmati River in Gandhinagar, capital city of Gujarat adjoining by the historic city of Ahmedabad (25 kms from Campus). Gujarat state has a coastline of 1,600 kms (1,000 miles), is bordered by Rajasthan to the north, Madhya Pradesh to the east, and Pakistan and the Arabian Sea to the west. The Ahmedabad city is home to Sabarmati Ashram of Mahatma Gandhi, from where he initiated the 1930 Dandi March. Several prominent tourism spots are just hours away from the Ahmedabad, including Mt Abu, 215 kms (134 miles) and Udaipur 252 kms (157 miles).
Ahmedabad has an international airport and is well connected by flights. Other airports are Mumbai, and New Delhi. The climate is generally dry, apart from the monsoon months of June to September. March to June are hot summer days with average maxi-mum temperature of about 37 C while the months of November to February are winter with temperature ranging between 15 C to 30 C.
Every foreign visitor entering India must have a valid passport and an Indian visa. Visas can be obtained from Indian Embassies and Consulates in most countries. Formal invitation letters will be sent to the invited speakers.
Advisory Program Committee
- Raju S. Bapi | International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Aditya Murthy | Center for Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
- Nandini Singh | National Brain Research Center, Manesar
- Narayanan Srinivasan | Center of Behavioural and Cognitive Science, University of Allahabad
- Conference E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Convener: Krishna Miyapuram (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-Conveners: Uttama Lahiri, Jaison Manjaly, Pratik Mutha, Meera Sunny
- Local Organizing Committee: Nithin V George | Electrical Engineering, Sharad Gupta | Biological engineering, Shanmuganathan Raman | Electrical Engineering, Raghubir Sharan | Electrical Engineering, Babji Srinivasan | Chemical & Electrical Engineering, Malavika Subramanyam | Social Sciences
- Coordinators: Sampada Gharpure, Manisha Chawla, Shruti Goyal, Dinesh Kumar, Dyutiman Mukhopadhyay, Neelakanteswar Reddy, Divita Singh, Tony Thomas