Associate Professor, Philosophy & Cognitive Science
Research Area: Experience / Consciousness, Agency, Privacy
I primarily work on philosophical issues of mind and cognition. I have a keen interest in moral decision making and mind perception. How mind perception alters the moral judgment and moral decision making is currently investigated. I have also been working on sense of agency and action. I also take keen interest is exploring the implication of cognitive science in education, politics and social interaction. I teach Philosophy to undergraduate students and Philosophy of mind to graduate students.
- Mehta, V., Mukherjee, S., Manjaly, J. A. (2017) Can Lighting Influence Self- Disclosure? Frontiers in Psychology. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00234.
- Kumar, N., Manjaly, J. A., & Sunny, M. M. (2015). The relationship between action-effect monitoring and attention capture. Journal of Experimental Psychology.General, 144(1), 18–23.
- Manjaly, J. A. & Indurkhya, B. (Eds) (2015) Cognition Experience and Creativity. NewDelhi: Orient Blackswan
- Mukherjee, S., Manjaly, J. A., & Kumar, N. (2015) Role of Money in Creative
Cognition, in Cognition Experience and Creativity. Manjaly J. A. & Indurkhya,
B. (Eds). New Delhi: Orient Blackswan
- Kumar N., Manjaly J. A., & Miyapuram K. P. (2014). Feedback about action
performed can alter the sense of self-agency. Frontiers in Psychology. doi:
- Mukherjee, S., Srinivasan, N., & Manjaly, J.A. (2014). Global processing fosters
donations toward charity appeals framed in an approach orientation. Cognitive Processing. doi:10.1007/s10339-014- 0602-8
- Mukherjee, S., Manjaly, J. A., & Nargundkar, M. (2013). Money makes you reveal
more: Consequences of monetary cues on preferential disclosure of personal information. Frontiers in Psychology. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00839
- Manjaly J. A. (2011). Conceivability, Metaphysical Possibility and the
Zombies. Journal of the Indian Council of Philosophical Research 28, 3: 43-53.
- Manjaly J. A. (2011). “The Knowledge Argument and Inconsistency of the Nonphysical". Journal of the Indian Council of Philosophical Research 28, 2: 81-94.
- Manjaly, J. A. & Mukherjee, S. (2009). Cognitive Evolutionary Psychology: A
prospective but temperate view. Sandhan: Journal of Centre for Studies in Civilizations, 9(2), 183-197.
- Manjaly J. A. 2009. “Panpsychic Presuppositions of Samkhya Metaphysics” In Mind
that Abides: Panpsychism In the New Millennium, Ed. Skrbina, D. Amsterdam: Benjamins.
- Komalesh H. S. & Manjaly J. A. 2009. “Time as History, as Myth”. In Time in Indian
Culture. Ed. Patnaik P., Chatterjee S. C. & Suar D. New Delhi: D. K. Printworld