|Doctoral Research Scholar (December 2012 – Present)
Effect of emotion on perception & Emotion – induced Blindness
Research Area: Emotion – induced Blindness, Visual Attention, Emotion regulation and Attentional Blink
Room No: S4-228 | Email: email@example.com
My doctoral research aims to explore how emotion influences the perception of surrounding environment. Emotions are known to be prioritized and processed automatically, even when they are irrelevant for the current goal. This prioritized processing can make a person temporarily inattentive for the next upcoming (whether goal relevant or irrelevant) information. This perceptual impairment is called Emotional-induced blindness (EIB). Using Rapid Serial Visual Presentation task, I am trying to understand the underlying processes behind EIB and the temporal limits of attention with respect to Emotion.
M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Department of Psychology,Banaras Hindu University (2009-20011)
B.A. in Psychology, Dept. Of Art & Social Sciences Banaras Hindu University (2006-2009)
- Research Assistant | August 2012 – August 2014
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar. This work investigated the role of expectation in attention capture
- Singh, D. & Sunny, M. M. (2015). (No) Role of emotions in Emotion Induced Blindness. The European Conference on Visual Perception 2015 (ECVP2015). University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
- Singh, D. & Sunny, M. M. (2015). Role of attentional window and perceptual load in visual search task. 2nd Annual Conference on Cognitive Science (ACCS-2015) July 5-8, 2015. IIT Kanpur, India
Singh, D. & Sunny, M.M. (2013). Emotion-induced Blindness: A Review. International Conference on Cognition, Emotion and Action, Ahmadabad, India
- Singh, D. (2010). Problem and Suicidal Tendency among Youths: for the stress ridden group.National Conference on Suicidal Tendency among Youths, Varanasi, India
- 3rd Bangalore Cognition Workshop (2013), Centre for Neuroscience, IISC, Bangalore
- ECVP Travel Bursary worth GBP 200 to present at the European Conference on Visual Perception 2015, University of Liverpool, UK.
- ECVP Registration Waiver worth GBP 175 to present at the European Conference on Visual Perception 2015, University of Liverpool, UK.
- Scholarship from Neotia Foundation, Kolkata | 2014 – 2015
- Fellowship by Center for Neuroscience (CNS) for the 3rd Bangalore Cognition Workshop organized by Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore. December 8th – 21th 2013