|Post Doctoral Fellow (2014-present)
Research Area: Action, Perception, Motor Control
My main area of research lies in the dynamics of action and perception. Currently my research is focused on exploring bidirectional interaction between motor control mechanisms and perceptual system. I am also involved in investigating the action based framework to explain the attentional mechanisms.
PhD in Cogntive Science, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, 2014
MA in Cognitive Science, Center of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences, University of Allahabad, 2010
BA in Psychology, University of Allahabad, 2008
- Kumar, N., Manjaly, J. A., & Sunny, M. M. (2015). The Relationship Between Action-Effect Monitoring and Attention Capture.Journal of Experimental Psychology: General. 144(1):18-23. doi: 10.1037/xge0000032.
- Kumar, N., Manjaly, J. A., & Miyapuram, K.P. (2014). Feedback about action performed can alter the sense of self-agency. Frontiers in Psychology. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00145
- N. Kumar, J. A. Manjaly, & K.P. Miyapuram (2012). Role of Error Monitoring Mechanisms in Attribution of Sense of Self-Agency. Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (641-646). Sapporo, Japan: Cognitive Science Society.
- Kumar, N., Bandyopadhyay, D., Srinivasan, N. and Pammi, V.S.C. 2009, Prior Probability Affects Regret and Rejoice Functions Differently: A Behavioural Investigation. Annals of Neuroscience, 16, 86.
- Mukherjee, S., Manjaly, J. A., & Kumar, N. (in press). Role of money in creative cognition. Forthcoming in J. A Manjaly & B. Indurkhya (Eds.) Cognition, Experience & Creativity. New Delhi: Orient Blackswan.
- Kumar, N., Manjaly, J. A., Mutha, P. (2014, November). “Visuomotor Adaptation Influences Perceptual Decision-making”, Annual Meeting, Society of Neuroscience, Washington D. C.
- Kumar, N., Mukherjee, S., & Manjaly, J. A. (2013, March). “Money modulates attribution of agency”. In 20th conference on Toward a Science of Consciousness of Arizona Center for Consciousness Studies at Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra, India.
- Mukherjee, S., Kumar, N., & Manjaly, J. A. (2013, Jan). “Consequence of priming money on insight problem solving”. In 100th Indian Science Congress at Calcutta University, Kolkata, India.
- Mukherjee, S., Kumar, N., & Manjaly, J. A. (2012, December). “For your eyes only: Simply priming money facilitates insight problem solving”. In XXII Annual convention of National Academy of Psychology India (NAOP) at Christ University, Bangalore, India.
- Mukherjee, S., Srinivasan, N., Manjaly, J., & Kumar, N. (2012, November). “Effect of attentional scope and load on monetary donations”. In Annual conference of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making at Minneapolis Convention Center & Hilton Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Kumar, N., J. A. Manjaly, & K. P. Miyapuram (2012, August). “Role of error monitoring mechanisms in attribution of sense of self-agency”. 34th Cognitive Science Society Conference, Sapporo Convention Center, Sapporo, Japan.
- Mukherjee, S., Srinivasan, N., Manjaly, J. A., Kumar, N. (2011, December) “Effect of money on estimation of psychological distance”. XXI Annual Convention of the National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), IRMA, India.
- Kumar, N., Srinivasan, N. and Pammi, V.S.C. (2010, March). “Emotion affects the regret and rejoice Functions”. XIX Annual Conference of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP). Bangalore University, Bangalore, India.
- Kumar, N., Bandyopadhyay, D., Srinivasan, N. and Pammi, V.S.C. (2009, March). “Prior Probability affects regret and rejoice functions differently: A behavioural investigation”. 27th Annual conference of Indian Academy of Neuroscience. NIMS University, Jaipur, India.
- Summer School on “Dynamics of Consciousness” organized by European Society of Cognitive Psychology at Jagiellonian University, Poland (July 2012)
- Advanced Research Training on Structural Equation Modeling (December 2011). National Academy of Psychology, India
Scholarship from Neotia Foundation, Kolkata | 2011 – 2014
Graduate Merit Scholarship | 2008 – 2010
Center of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences, Allahabad