Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering
My research interests are in Virtual Reality based Human Computer Interaction used in affective computing, Eye Tracking and Physiology based modeling techniques, Human Robot Interaction used in cognitive studies, Adaptive Intelligent techniques in cognitive research,��Robot assisted surgical techniques.��I work on application oriented projects and solutions for children with autism and stroke-rehabilitation platforms for the elderly. I have established an Intelligent Rehabilitation and Affective Computing Systems Laboratory at IIT Gandhinagar. I enjoy teaching both fundamental and advanced technical concepts of engineering to the undergraduate and the graduate students.
Ph.D. in Intelligent Adaptive Affective Computing (2011). Vanderbilt University, USA.
M.Tech. in Instrumentation Engg (2004). Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
B.Tech. Instrumentation & Electronics Engg (1995). Jadavpur University.
- Lahiri, U., Bekele, E., Dohrmann, E., Warren, Z., Sarkar, N. (2012). Design of a Virtual Reality based Adaptive Response Technology for Children with Autism. Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering [Published Online].
- Bekele, E., Lahiri, U., Swanson, A., Crittendon, J.A., Warren, Z., Sarkar, N. (2012). A Step towards Developing Adaptive Robot-mediated Intervention Architecture (ARIA) for Children with Autism. Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering [Accepted].
- Lahiri, U., Warren, Z., Sarkar, N. (2011). Design of a Gaze-sensitive Virtual Social Interactive System for Children with Autism. Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 19(4), 443-452.
- Lahiri, U., Trewyn, A., Warren, Z., Sarkar, N. (2011). Dynamic Eye gaze and its Potential in Virtual Reality Based Applications for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Autism-Open Access Journal.
- Welch, K., Lahiri, U., Sarkar, N., Warren, Z. (2010). An Approach to the Design of Socially Acceptable Robots for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. International Journal of Social Robotics, 2(4), 391-403.
- Lahiri, U., Labadie, R.F., Liu, C., Balachandran, R., Majdani, O., Sarkar, N. (2010). A Step Towards Identification of Surgical Actions in Mastoidectomy. IEEE Transactions of Biomedical Engineering, 57(2), 479-487.
- Lahiri, U., Pradhan, A.K., Mukhopadhyaya, S. (2005). Modular neural��network based directional relay for transmission line protection. IEEE Power Engineering Society Letters.
- Welch, K., Lahiri, U., Sarkar, N., Warren, Z., Stone, W., Liu, C. (2010). Affect-sensitive Computing and Autism. In Gulsen, Didem (Eds.), Affective Computing and Interaction: Psychological, Cognitive and Neuroscientific Perspectives, Publisher : IGI Global.
- Lahiri, U., Labadie, R.F., Liu, C., Majdani, O., Sarkar, N. (2010). A Step Towards Characterization of Surgical Actions Involved in Mastoidectomy. In Tiwari, R., Shukla, A. (Eds.), Intelligent Medical Technologies and Biomedical Engineering: Tools and Applications, Publisher : IGI Global, ISBN No. 978-1-61520-977-4.
- Lahiri, U., Sarkar, M. (2012). Adaptive Gaze-Sensitive Virtual Reality based Human-Computer Interaction for Adolescents with ASD. IASTED, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI, 2012).
- Lahiri, U., Welch, K., Sarkar, M. (2012). Psychophysiological Response in Virtual Reality based Human-Computer Interaction in Adolescents with ASD. Human-Computer Interaction (HCI, 2012).
- Kuriakose, S., Sarkar, N.%