Research Areas : Neuroeconomics & Neuromarketing, Computational Cognitive Science, Neuroimaging (EEG, fMRI) & Brain Computer Interface, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
My research integrates the cognitive processes of learning and decision making mechanisms in humans. Ongoing projects include behavioral and neural correlates of statistical learning, perceptual and value-based decision making. A wide range of experimental and analytic techniques such as psychophysics, eye tracking, brain imaging methodologies (EEG, fMRI) and computational modelling (Reinforcement learning, Bayesian approaches) are used. With machine learning approaches applied to structural MRI images, I am working on early detection of Alzheimer’s’ disease.
- PhD: Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, U.K., 2008
- MTech: Artificial Intelligence, University of Hyderabad, 2004
- MSc: Electronics, University of Hyderabad, 2000
- BSc: Mathematics, Physics, Electronics, Osmania University, 1998
Professional Research Experience:
- Associate Professor, (Cognitive Science & Computer Science), Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Feb 2020 to Present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Oct 2012 to Feb 2020)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Mind/Brain Sciences, University of Trento, Italy (July 2011 – Sept 2012)
- Cognitive Psychologist, Unilever R&D, The Netherlands (Aug 2008 – Jan 2011)
- Visiting Researcher, Core Research for Evolutionary Science & Technology, Kyoto, Japan (July – Sept 2003)
- Visiting Researcher, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology, Kyoto, Japan (Dec 2000 – Feb 2001)
- Research Assistant, Indo-Japanese project, University of Hyderabad (Aug 2000 – July 2002)
- Dhananjay Sonawane, Krishna Miyapuram, Derek Lomas, Bharatesh Rs, GuessTheMusic: Song Identification from Electroencephalography response, CODS-COMAD 2021
- Raunak Swarnkar, Krishna Miyapuram. EEG Correlates of Effector-Specific Representation during Visuo-Motor Sequence Learning, ICONIP 2020
- Pandey, P., & Miyapuram, K. P. (2020, July). Classifying Oscillatory Signatures of Expert vs NonExpert Meditators. In 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN) (pp. 1-7). IEEE. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9207340
- Tripathi, R., Mukhopadhyay, D., Singh, C. K., Miyapuram, K. P., & Jolad, S. (2019, December). Characterization of functional brain networks and emotional centers using the complex networks techniques. In International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications (pp. 854-867). Springer, Cham.
- Goyal, S., & Miyapuram, K. P. (2019). Feedback influences discriminability and attractiveness components of probability weighting in descriptive choice under risk. Frontiers in psychology, 10, 962. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00962/full
- CG 506 – Experimental Techniques in Cognitive Science
- CG 501 – Computation and Cognition