Research Areas: Behavior Genetics, Cognitive Archaeology, Personality, Statistics
Prof. Coolidge is a Professor of Psychology at University of Colorado (UCCS), USA. He received his BA, MA, and PhD from the University of Florida and completed a two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology at Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida. He joined UCCS in 1979 and served as the Chair of the Department from 1986-1989 and as the Clinical Director from 1981-1984. Prof Coolidge is a three-time Fulbright Fellowship Award recipient (India, 1987, 1992, 2005). He has received three teaching awards including the lifetime designation, University of Colorado Presidential Teaching Scholar, received the UCCS Letters, Arts, and Sciences Annual Outstanding Research and Creative Works Award, 2004-2005, and the UCCS Annual Faculty Award for Excellence in Research, 2006-2007. Prof. Coolidge conducts research in personality assessment, cognitive archaeology, and behavioral genetics. He has published 10 books and over 175 journal articles and book chapters. He has also served on the Academic Advisory Council of IIT, Gandhinagar.
- PhD Psychology, University of Florida, 1974
- MA Psychology, University of Florida
- BA Psychology, University of Florida
- Coolidge, F. L. (2020). The role of the cerebellum in creativity and expert stone knapping. Adaptive Behavior, 1-13.
- Coolidge, F. L. (2019). The ultimate origins of learning and memory systems. Human Evolution, 34, 21-38.
- Fiala, J. A., & Coolidge, F. L. (2018). Genetic predilections and predispositions for the development of shamanism. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 41, E73.
- Coolidge, F. L., Valenzuela, I., Segal, D. L., Feliciano, L. (2018). An empirical investigation of a new measure to assess abrasive personality disorder traits. Psychology, 9, 114-123
- Coolidge, F. L., & Wynn, T. (2016). An introduction to evolutionary cognitive archaeology. Current Directions, 25, 386-392.
- Coolidge, F. L. (2020). Evolutionary Neuropsychology: An introduction to the Evolution of the Structures and Functions of the Human Brain. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Coolidge, F. L. (2020). Statistics: A Gentle Introduction (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Overmann, K. A. & Coolidge, F. L. (2019). Squeezing Minds from Stones: Cognitive Archaeology & the Evolution of the Human Mind. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Coolidge, F. L., & Wynn, T. (2018) The Rise of Homo sapiens: The Evolution of Modern Thinking (2nd ed.). London: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Coolidge, F. L. & Wynn, T. (2012). How to Think Like a Neandertal. Oxford University Press: Oxford, UK.
- Coolidge, F. L. (in press). The Science of Dream Interpretation. Elsevier.
- Coolidge, F. L., & Wynn, T. (in press). An introduction to cognitive archaeology. Abingdon, UK: Routledge Inc.
- Overmann, K. A., Coolidge, F. L., & Wynn, T. (in press). Oxford handbook of cognitive archaeology. Oxford, UK.
- HS 691-III – Special Topics in HSS: Abnormal Psychology